Retailers are required
by the Energy Market Authority (EMA) to obtain your acknowledgement on the
following Consumer Advisory before signing up with them.
Consumer Advisory for Open Electricity Market
1. Buying electricity from a retailer does not affect your electricity supply. This is because SP Group will continue to operate the national power grid and deliver electricity to you.
2. You can continue to buy electricity from SP Group at the regulated tariff. It is not compulsory for you to buy electricity from a retailer, and there is no deadline for you to switch to a retailer. You should take your time to understand your options before making a decision.
3. There are two types of standard price plans:
- Fixed Price Plans are more suitable for consumers who prefer a constant electricity rate throughout the contract duration. However, the electricity rate may be higher or lower than the regulated tariff during the contract duration, as the regulated tariff is reviewed every quarter.
- Discount Off the Regulated Tariff Plans provide a fixed discount off the regulated tariff, but the electricity rates will change in tandem with the regulated tariff. These plans are more suitable for consumers who do not mind changes in electricity rates every quarter so long as it is lower than the regulated tariff.
4. Before you sign up with a retailer:
- Ask for a Fact Sheet which summarises the key contractual terms of your preferred price plan (e.g. contract price, contract duration, security deposit, early termination charges and auto-renewal clauses).
- Read through the contract, and ask the retailer to explain the terms and conditions if you do not understand them.
- Keep a copy of the contract for your reference.
5. For any dispute with your contracted retailer, you can approach the Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) for assistance.
- Hotline: 6100 0315 (Operating hours: Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm)
Back to Top