A company is required to hold a Wholesaler Licence issued by the EMA if it:
(i) generates electricity by means of a generating unit which has a name-plate rating of 1 MW or more but less than 10 MW and the generating unit(s) is connected to the power grid;
(ii) provides ancillary services or any electricity-related product or service through a load reduction;
(iii) supplies, sells or offers to sell electricity generated at specified premises by the Licensee by means of a generating unit described in (i) to a non-residential consumer at the same specified premises.
For generating units of less than 10 MW that wish to be paid for the electricity it exports to the power grid, the generating unit(s) must be registered with the Market Company or the Market Support Services Licensee under the Enhanced Central Intermediary Scheme (ECIS).
Consumers can participate in the wholesale electricity market through reducing their load during times of high wholesale electricity price or system supply shortage under the Demand Response Programme and Interruptible Load Scheme respectively. For consumers who wish to offer either individual load facility or aggregated load facilities of multiple contestable consumers within the same specific zone to be reduced, the minimum load reduction of the individual or aggregated load facilities is 0.1 MW.
A company with a Wholesaler Licence can supply, sell or offer to sell electricity generated at a Specified Premises to a non-residential consumer at the same Specified Premises. Specified Premises are defined as any premises that: (a) are lawfully used or occupied by the Licensee for the purpose of generating electricity through a generating unit on the premises for supply and sale by the Licensee of the electricity to one or more consumers who lawfully use or occupy the premises for non-residential purposes; and (b) are also supplied electricity from a transmission system. These premises can include: (i) a single building; and (ii) a cluster of buildings under a single master-sub metering arrangement.
View existing licensees
- Biofuel Industries Pte Ltd
- Pfizer Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
- Air Liquide Singapore Pte Ltd (Formerly known as Singapore Oxygen Air Liquide Pte Ltd)
- MSD International GmbH
- Green Power Asia Pte Ltd
- Singapore LNG Corporation Pte Ltd
- JE Green Solutions Pte Ltd (Formerly known as CGNPC Solar-Biofuel Power (Singapore) Pte Ltd)
- Glaxo Wellcome Manufacturing Pte Ltd, trading as GlaxoSmithkline Biologicals
- Sunseap Leasing Pte Ltd
- LYS Genco Beta Pte Ltd
- REC Solar Pte Ltd
- Nanyang Technological University
- Singapore District Cooling Pte Ltd
- Sembcorp Solar Singapore Pte Ltd (Formerly known as Solar C&I Holdings Pte Ltd)
- Wah & Hua Pte Ltd
- Sun Electric Energy Assets Pte Ltd
- Cleantech Solar Asia Pte Ltd
- Sunseap Leasing Beta Pte Ltd
- National University of Singapore
- SolarNova Phase 1 Pte Ltd
- Sunseap Commercial Assets Pte Ltd
- Singapore Institute of Technology
- Public Utilities Board
- Katoen Natie Singapore (Jurong) Pte Ltd
- Veolia ES Singapore Industrial Pte Ltd
- Terrenus Energy Pte Ltd
- Sembcorp Marine Integrated Yard Pte Ltd
- Kimberly-Clark Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
- Land Transport Authority
- LYS Genco Theta Pte Ltd
- Enel X Singapore Pte Ltd
- Sunseap Vpower Pte Ltd
- LYS Genco Phi Pte Ltd
- SMRT TEL Pte. Ltd.
- Sunstep Global Pte. Ltd.
- Mapletree Logistics Trust Management Ltd.
- Golden Solar Pte. Ltd.
- Agilent Technologies Singapore Pte Ltd
- Sunseap Energy Ventures Pte. Ltd.
- PSA Corporation Limited
- Terrenus Energy SL2 Pte. Ltd.
- SolarNova 4 Beta Assets Pte. Ltd.
- LYS Genco XI Pte. Ltd.
- Hua Ying (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
Apply for a licence
Back to Top