Singapore Energy Award 2017 to Recognise Capabilities Development and Innovation
24 Oct 2016
Nominations for the Singapore Energy Award (SEA) 2017 open today. This biennial award recognises individuals and organisations who have made significant contributions to Singapore's energy sector.
2. Into its third run, SEA 2017 will be given out in three new award categories. They are the:
- "Singapore Energy Award for Capabilities Development";
- "Singapore Energy Award for Innovation"; and
- "Singapore Energy Award for Contributions to the Energy Sector".
3. These new award categories aim to recognise contributions that are aligned with EMA's goals of deepening skills and catalysing innovation in the energy sector. Previously, the SEA categories were for "Organisations" and "Individuals" who had made outstanding contributions to the energy sector in the areas of capabilities development and/or innovation.
4. On the changes to the Award, Mr Ng Wai Choong, Chief Executive of EMA, said: "Capabilities development and innovation are two key drivers of the energy sector's growth. The Singapore Energy Award aims to recognise organisations and individuals who have made significant contributions in these two areas. We would like to encourage the industry to nominate deserving candidates which have made a difference to the energy sector in Singapore."
5. Details on the new award categories, assessment criteria and submission details are in the Annex. Nomination forms are available at www.ema.gov.sg/Singapore_Energy_Award.
6. Since its inception in 2013, the SEA has honoured a diverse mix of outstanding individuals and organisations from across the public and private sectors. Past recipients of the Award are:
- "Individual Category Award": Mr Neil McGregor, Senior Managing Director, Enterprise Development Group, Temasek and former Chief Executive Officer, Singapore LNG Corporation
- "Organisation Category Award": Housing & Development Board
- “Individual Category Award”: Mr Quek Poh Huat, Senior Adviser, Singapore Power
- “Organisation Category Award”: Senoko Energy
- “Special Mention Award”: Energy Carta
Back to Top