Singapore International Energy Week to lead discussions on “Transforming Energy: Invest, Innovate, Integrate”
27 Mar 2018
The Energy Market Authority (EMA) announced “Transforming Energy: Invest, Innovate, Integrate” as the theme for the Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW) 2018.
2. The deployment and integration of new technologies, and the growth in energy demand are transforming the energy landscape. To facilitate this transition, it is important to address capital market barriers and foster an enabling environment for infrastructure investment. Policymakers, investors and industry leaders must ride this wave of opportunity to invest, innovate and integrate energy systems for a more resilient energy future.
3. Starting a week of energy discussions, SIEW’s flagship Singapore Energy Summit (SES) will gather high-level speakers from government, industry and international organisations, and feature an opening panel on energy transformation in ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations).
4. For the first time, the 36th ASEAN Ministers on Energy Meeting (AMEM) and Associated Meetings will be held together with SIEW, as part of Singapore’s Chairmanship of ASEAN. The 36th AMEM and ASEAN Energy Business Forum will bring together ASEAN Dialogue Partners to advance key regional energy initiatives and strengthen public-private partnerships.
5. Other SIEW highlights include the second Singapore-International Energy Agency (IEA) Forum which will focus on digitalisation. The Asia Clean Energy Summit (ACES), Gas Asia Summit (GAS) and Asian Downstream Summit (ADS) will return as SIEW partner events. New this year, ACES will include the International Off-Grid Renewable Energy Conference (IOREC) which showcases global off-grid renewable energy. ADS will feature an Innovation Zone and celebrate the achievements of oil & gas technology innovators.
6. To kick start the energy discussions for the year, Mr Adnan Z. Amin, Director-General of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), delivered a keynote address on global renewable energy developments. Dr Sanjayan Velautham, Executive Director of the ASEAN Centre for Energy (ACE) also shared his views on ASEAN’s energy developments and key areas of cooperation for the region.
7. SIEW 2018 will be held at the Sands Expo and Convention Centre in Singapore from 29 October 2018 to 2 November 2018. Registration will open on 1 July.
Back to Top