15th Singapore International Energy Week Registration Now Open
10 Aug 2022
Registration is now open for the 15th edition of the Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW). Organised by the Energy Market Authority (EMA), SIEW 2022 will feature a strong line-up of global energy government leaders and industry captains who will share their perspectives on this year’s theme, “A Resilient and Sustainable Energy Future”.
Global Energy Thought Leaders
2. The energy ministers, policy makers and experts participating at SIEW 2022 include:
Governments and International Organisations
- YB Datuk Seri Takiyuddin Bin Hassan, Minister of Energy and Natural Resources, Malaysia
- Shane Rattenbury MLA, Attorney-General, Minister for Consumer Affairs, and Minister for Water, Energy and Emissions Reduction, Australia
- H.E. Dr Ith Praing, Secretary of State, Ministry of Mines and Energy, Kingdom of Cambodia
- H.E. Tomas Anker Christensen, Climate Ambassador, Ministry of Foreign Affairs Denmark
- Eric Pang, Director, Electrical and Mechanical Services Department, Hong Kong SAR
- Dr Fatih Birol, Executive Director, International Energy Agency (IEA)
- Francesco La Camera, Director General, International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
- Joseph McMonigle, Secretary General, International Energy Forum (IEF)
- Tatsuya Terazawa, Chairman & CEO, The Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (IEEJ)
- Dr Angela Wilkinson, Secretary General and CEO, World Energy Council
- Eng. Fahad Alajlan, President, King Abdullah Petroleum Studies and Research Centre
- Dr Jean-Christophe Niel, Director General, Institute for Radiological Protection and Nuclear Safety (IRSN)
- Matthieu Giard, Vice President, Member of the Executive Committee, Air Liquide
- Audra Low, CEO & Executive Director, Clifford Capital Pte Ltd
- Beatrice Buffon, Group Senior Executive Vice-President, EDF International Division
- Toshiro Kudama, CEO, JERA Asia Pte Ltd
- Mark Gainsborough, Chairman & Co-Founder, Low Carbon Advisors
- Kazuhisa Yano, Chief Asia Representative, Osaka Gas
- Alan Heng, Group CEO, Pavilion Energy
- Ahmad Yuniarto, President Director, PT Pertamina Geothermal Energy
- Dr Ing Christian Bruch, President and CEO, Siemens Energy AG
- Zhang Zhigang, President, State Grid Corporation of China
- David Griffin, CEO, Sun Cable
- Luca Tonello, Managing Director - Structured Finance, SMBC
- Martin Houston, Vice-Chairman, Tellurian
- Julien Pouget, President & CEO, TotalEnergies EP & Renewables Asia Pacific
- David Gray, Non-Executive Director, Tokamak Energy
3. SIEW’s anchor events organised by EMA will include:
I. SIEW Summit - comprising the Singapore Energy Lecture, SIEW Opening Keynote Address & Singapore Energy Summit: These events will bring together energy leaders and industry experts to address topics that set the scene for discussions across the week. These include:
- Securing a Sustainable and Resilient Energy Future
- Accelerating Low-Carbon Solutions
- Mobilising Greener Financing for Energy Infrastructure
II. Singapore-International Energy Agency (IEA) Ministerial Roundtable: Co-hosted by EMA and IEA, the roundtable will focus on the theme “Energy Security in a Low Carbon World”.
III. 2nd Singapore-IRENA High-level Forum: The Forum will address topics on green energy financing and decarbonisation technologies and feature the launch of a report by IRENA on green hydrogen.
IV. SIEW ThinkTank Roundtables: A refreshed format for dynamic discussions. Returning hosts include ASEAN Centre for Energy, Energy Studies Institute and Energy Research Institute @ NTU.
V. SIEW TechTables: New this year, SIEW TechTables will centre discussions around the latest energy innovations and technologies.
4. SIEW 2022 will also welcome the return of key industry events onsite, held in collaboration with our partners from across the energy industry:
I. Asia Clean Energy Summit (ACES) is the region’s premier summit and exhibition shaping clean energy discussions. The 9th edition will focus discussions on Solar Energy and Storage, Green Hydrogen and Electric Mobility. The annual PowerACE competition for clean energy start-ups, in partnership with Temasek Foundation, will be held alongside ACES on 27 October 2022. The top 12 finalists will be given the opportunity to showcase and test-bed their unique solutions to address climate change for Singapore and the region.
II. The Asian Downstream Summit (ADS) & Asian Refining Technology Conference (ARTC) will centre on its theme of “Reconfiguring the Industry for the Global Energy Transition”. The two events will explore the various pathways for refiners to integrate sustainability into their operations.
III. The Asia LNG & Hydrogen Gas Markets will seek to tackle critical in-depth issues. These include the impact of war on the LNG markets, risks to an emerging hydrogen economy, and the latest developments in the industry’s burgeoning spot market. The programme will also cover the region’s continuous drive for energy transition and achieving its net zero goals.
IV. Back for its second year, the Future of the Grid will engage industry professionals on contemporary grid-related matters. Topics will include driving regional interconnectivity, financing grid modernisation, digitalisation and more.
5. Register your attendance at https://www.siew.gov.sg/register and find out more on the early bird rates as well as the bundled discounts available for partner events.
Back to Top