Analyst/ Senior Analyst/ Principal Analyst (Energy Technology & Data/ Research & Statistics Unit)
Energy Planning and Development Division
Project management, administration and maintenance of database and data
- Plan and execute data/digitalisation related initiatives to achieve EMA’s operational and strategic goals;
- Plan and execute data governance and data management processes to facilitate data dissemination while maintaining data confidentiality;
- Work with the external vendor/data engineers to manage the infrastructure for data extraction, transformation, and loading of large volume data from various data sources;
- Work with external vendors/data engineers to develop data analytics systems and data models, and validate accuracy of data models;
- Oversee the operations and maintenance of database(s) in terms of data engineering, data loading, querying and enhancements;
- Work closely with external stakeholders on data collection;
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand their needs/ pain points, scope the problem and develop business case on how to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used for policy making or streamlining operations;
- Work with business users and project teams on analytics use case and develop data models to deliver the use case outcomes;
- Plan and execute a framework to ensure data quality for EMA’s data and databases. Cleanse, process and verify the suitability of data used for data analytics, as well as interpret and analyse big data sets using statistical techniques.
- Provide service-level support to internal and external end-users of both database and data collection systems.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in data systems development and management preferred.
- Background in quantitative content.
- Prior experience as a data engineer/ statistician with strong knowledge of data
collection system architecture and software will be an advantage.
understanding of system design, data structure and algorithms, data modelling,
data access and data storage.
understanding of Extract-Transformation-Load work including data quality
checks, data patching and other data engineering work.
- Good knowledge
in Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel and Access etc) and Visualisation tools (e.g.
Tableau, SAS VA etc).
- Experience with SAS, SQL, and Big Data technologies like Hadoop and Spark will be an advantage.
11 Sep 2019
25 Sep 2019
Remuneration and appointment will commensurate with qualifications and experience. All new appointments will be offered on contract basis.
Interested candidates, please apply on-line with your detailed resume and copies of your transcripts at Careers@Gov website. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Back to Top