With the SEA, EMA hopes to inspire like-minded individuals and organisations to step forward and grow Singapore’s energy sector together.
*The energy sector includes, but is not limited to, the established power utilities and oil and gas sectors, as well as emerging sectors such as energy efficiency and clean and renewable energy.
Nominations for SEA 2019 closed on 8 May 2019. Winners received their awards from Minister for Trade and Industry Mr Chan Chun Sing on 29 October 2019 at the Singapore International Energy Week 2019.
SEA 2019 Award Winners:
• Singapore Energy Award for Youth (Recognises outstanding youths (35 years and below) for their overall contributions to Singapore’s energy sector.
- Mr Chen Chiu Hao Ted, Co-Founder and Chief Product Architect, EverComm Singapore
• Singapore Energy Award for Innovation (Recognises outstanding individuals for their specific and sustained contributions to drive technological and business innovations in Singapore’s energy sector.)
- Professor Subodh Mhaisalkar, Executive Director, Energy Research Institute @ Nanyang Technological University (ERI@N)
• Singapore Energy Award for Capabilities Development (Recognises outstanding organisations that have demonstrated strong and sustained efforts in nurturing a competitive, Singaporean-core workforce with the relevant skillsets for Singapore’s energy sector.)
- Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)
• Singapore Energy Award or Contributions to the Energy Sector (Recognises outstanding individuals and organisations for their overall contributions to Singapore’s energy sector.)
- Union of Power and Gas Employees (UPAGE)
For more information, pls email SingaporeEnergyAward@ema.gov.sg
Back to Top
The SEA is a biennial award launched by EMA in 2013. It aims to recognise individuals and organisations who have made outstanding contributions to Singapore’s energy sector*, in the areas of capabilities development and/or innovation. Examples of such contributions include: job creation, workforce capabilities enhancement, sustainable improvements in energy efficiency through technological innovation and the introduction of new business models.