Nationwide Rollout of Open
Since 1 November 2018, the Open Electricity
Market was extended to all consumers across Singapore by zones. Over 1.4
million households and business accounts now have the option of buying
electricity from a retailer on a price plan that best meets their needs. The
Open Electricity Market gives consumers more choice and flexibility, while
enjoying the same supply through the national power grid.
Consumers can also choose to remain with
SP Group and buy electricity at the regulated tariff, and no further action is
needed on their part. It is not compulsory to switch to a retailer, and there
is no deadline for switching.
The nationwide launch of the Open Electricity Market was rolled out progressively in four geographical zones.
||Postal Codes Starting With...
||58 - 78*
||1 November 2018
||53 - 57, 79 - 80, 82 - 83
||1 January 2019
||34 - 52, 81
||1 March 2019
||01 - 33
||1 May 2019
*Consumers with postal codes starting with 60-64 have been able to buy from a retailer since 1 April 2018.
Soft Launch of Open Electricity Market in Jurong
Since 1 April 2018, EMA commenced the
soft launch of the Open Electricity Market, where households and businesses in Jurong
can choose to buy electricity from a retailer with a price plan that best meets
their needs. A total of 108,000 residential accounts and 9,500 business
accounts are able to exercise this choice.
What You Need To Know About Open Electricity Market
1. With the Open Electricity Market, you can switch to a retailer at a price plan that best meets your needs.
2. It is not compulsory for you to switch to a retailer. You can continue to buy electricity from SP Group at the regulated tariff as you do today and switch to a retailer at any time in the future. There is no deadline for switching to a retailer.
3. Buying electricity from a retailer does not affect the reliability of your electricity supply. This is because SP Group will continue to operate the national power grid and deliver electricity to everyone.
4. If you are eligible for U-Save rebates, you will still be able to use them to offset your electricity bill after switching to a retailer.
5. Check out the participating retailers here. You can compare their standard price plans using our Price Comparison Tool. If you choose to switch to a retailer, the retailer that you sign up with will work with SP Group to make the switch for you.
Back to Top